Friday, January 6, 2012

Hello Radio!

     Well it has been way too long since I made use of my blog so I wanted to post a couple notes to those of you who may stop by. Since last August I have not been on the HF Bands but once or twice though I did finally get around to re installing the 2 meter rig in the van and installing a permanent NMO mount w/ a 5/8 wave, nice to have that back in there. I have been well and healthy and have kept busy learning new things to further enjoy my love for the outdoors. Last summer was great and hoping this summer will be all the better. Seems I have found a new addiction, Ultralight Backpacking. Ya, I know, wheelchairs dont do trails, but mine does, and I don't need to cover many miles to enjoy the wilderness here in Northern California. I am really looking forward to next spring and also N6L again in August.( http://lassenbirthday.blogspot.com/ )I just requested the use of N6L again and updated the website for the Special Event so all is well there too. I do have intentions of getting out in the K6LSN Mobile and getting on HF and calling to see who will be around so if ya here me say hello. Todd KH2TJ let me borrow a Yeasu FT857 so I have a great rig to use, just have not made the time to bring it along on my outings lately and dont have the proper setup where I live to bust out on HF very well. So now that this has been said we will see if I get my butt back on the radio right? 73 for now.. John

No comments: