Thursday, June 11, 2009

DX Links

I have added some links that I have used for some time to improve my Operating Skills and Knowledge. The NG3K Announced DX Operations link has been a great way to keep track of upcoming dxpeditions and I have learned many things by visiting the webpages of those dxpeditions such as Propagation and Equipment and Antennas.( Look for DX calls in BLUE that you can click to view their homepage).
The Contest Calendar by Bruce Horn is awesome. It gives me a chance to look at the contest rules and Exchanges and also to visit the webpages of the club or sponsor of the contest and learn even more.(Like where and how to submit your log). You can subscribe for an email version which helps alot.
The DX Watch spotter is another tool that I use only as a way to see who hears what and keep track of Propagation and different openings as they come along, I do not Operate in front of the spotter! Some folks do, but I mostly operate portable and therefore I have learned to do my homework before hand and I really enjoy the excitemant of spinning and calling for DX and ragchews.( Do a search for spots and type in my callsign! hehehe) Seriously, I hear alot of folks sitting in front of the computer waiting to hear or see something and never calling CQ! Try it, you'll like it! ( Persistence pays too).
If you are not sure about calling cq or a little shy, its cool to be humble, but do a search on how to call cq, there are some good articles on EHAM.NET . ( http://www.eham.net/articles/7952 ). Read a little and then get the Mic and start calling!
If you have some links you use, let me know by clicking the comments tab below, Thanks 73

No comments: