Sunday, June 28, 2009

Field Day Part 2 / K6LSN 1C SV

Worked for 2 Hours from Mt. Lassen in the Mobile, Got a good spot near the peak, snow was still in drifts on the ground about 3 feet deep, parked in the sun and I got pretty toasty sitting in the back of the van so I quit at 72 Qs. Not a bad run for 2 hours, I was trying to keep it at 50 an hour but I got invaded after a time by other stations calling near me. Had a clear spot for quite some time on 20M and then finished on 15M. The move to 15M was nice because it was less noisy and less crowded, though my rate dropped quite a bit. Its about 106 Degrees F. here( 7:15 p.m.) and it got to 83 on Mt. Lassen at 8500 feet, still a beautiful place to visit up there! I love the meadows with the ice cold creeks running through them. I will get some Video the next time I go up, I promise. 73

No comments: