Tuesday, December 21, 2010

HF Radio Blues

     Recently I received a notice in the mail that I had made a right turn on a Red Light and was going to receive a citation, which showed up with a total fine of 530 US Dollars plus 20-50 US Dollars for traffic school. I viewed the Photos and Video on-line and realized that I had totally blew it and made arrangements to pay the fine and follow up with the class so the citation would not go on my driving record and to chalk it up as a mistake and a lesson learned. The funky thing was that I had just sold my Icom HF Radio in order to upgrade to a better radio and knew that a new radio was gonna have to go on the backburner for a bit in order to pay the fine.
     So I have a bit of time before I will be calling CQ CQ but when I do I will be all the more grateful I guess. On a better note I nailed down the Special Event Callsign with the ARRL for N6L again this summer at Lassen Volcanic National Park and made some date and info changes on the website in preperation. Heres the link to the site, watch out for those red lights! 73
http://lassenbirthday.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

KL8DX said...

That's not a typo on the fine? Wow, that's steep!!

I've enjoyed my PRO many years and I would sure like to upgrade adding a second rig but financially, that won't happen for a long while! It's hard to find really good deals but I did see a few on "Black Friday" on the web. Shipping is another nightmare for me. I wish you the best of luck and of course, am curious on what HF rig you're looking to upgrade to? 73 - Phil

Jspiker said...

That's a ridicules amount of money for an illegal right turn. Matter of fact, it's perfectly legal here as long as you come to a complete stop and use a turn signal. Someone's feeding a very large kitty out there. It's hungry...

K6LSN said...

Well, the problem was I didn't stop and just rolled through before the other traffic started through, my bad......