Sunday, June 28, 2009

Field Day Part 1 With NC6I

Drove up Highway 44 past Lassen Volcanic National Park to Hat Creek Campground to visit and meet Shasta County Amateur Radio Operators who were set up in the Redwoods near the creek in the group campground. Great location and they did a great job with the four stations they had.
I soon found myself at the NC6I 20 Meter station and had 2 other operators logging for their first time which was fun. It was not too long before we reached 50 Qs and then I was left alone to make it to 85. I really didnt go there to operate but I couldnt leave that 20 Meter station just sitting there!!!! Really, I appreciate Carl, the owner of the station, for letting folks operate and enjoy the excitemant. Thanks guys and Gals!
Check out this video shot by Steve KE6DOA!
And note that I was only interesting in logging Qs, pretty intense aren't I? I just noticed that watching and listening to this video, pretty funny...

No comments: